I really enjoy NPR's book recommendations to find new things to read when I don't have anything in mind. They do a pretty good job of selecting a variety of topics written by a diverse bunch of authors.
2021 - 5 books read.
- The Communist Manifesto - Karl Marx
- The Body Is Not an Apology - Sonya Renee Taylor
- Sapiens: A Brief History of Humankind - Yuval Noah Harari
- Luster - Raven Leilani
- Count Zero - William Gibson
2020 - 20 books read.
- A Theory of Fun for Game Design - Raph Koster
- Someone Who Will Love You in All Your Damaged Glory - Raphael Bob-Waksberg
- The Dispossessed - Ursula K. Le Guin
- Programming the 6502 - Rodnay Zaks
- Opening Up - Tristan Taormino
- Eight Things I Wish I'd Known About Polyamory - Cunning Minx
- The Smart Girl's Guide to Polyamory - Dedeker Winston
- The Left Hand of Darkness - Ursula K. Le Guin
- Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone - J.K. Rowling
- Radical Acceptance - Tara Brach
- A Man Without a Country - Kurt Vonnegut, Jr.
- Agent Running in the Field - John le Carre
- On Earth We're Briefly Gorgeous - Ocean Vuong
- Recursion - Blake Crouch
- Radical Dharma - Angel Kyodo Williams
- Meditations - Marcus Aurelius
- The Conquest of Happiness - Bertrand Russell
- Trick Mirror - Jia Tolentino
- The Heart of the Buddha's Teaching - Thich Nhat Hanh
- What Makes You Not a Buddhist - Dzongsar Jamyang Khyentse